Membership at Hilliard UMC
Join us for a time of fellowship and worship, with the option to join the church if you’d like.
Session #1 will be Sunday, February 5, 2023, 1-2:30pm, in the sanctuary.
This is a two-session class; the group that attends the first session will schedule the second one together at a time that works for everyone.
Childcare available if needed. Let us know if you plan to bring your kid(s).
Membership is simply about taking another step toward being fully engaged in this community of faith, claiming your commitment to this place, taking a next step in your journey of faith, and responding to your invitation from God to help us be who God calls us to be!
There is zero pressure to join, just an opportunity to do so if it’s the next right step for you.
Content for the event will be led by pastors and staff, and it will include:
- Spiritual Practices: Because spiritual practices help us connect with God, open our hearts to God, and grow in our faith, we invite all members to commit to seeking God and growing toward the regular practice of these spiritual habits through our membership covenant:
- pray daily / worship weekly
- be in a small group / continue your Christian formation
- serve within the walls of the church
- serve beyond the walls of the church
- give proportionately of your income, working toward a tithe (10%).
- Sharing: What has led you to this place in your spiritual journey? And what’s your next step of faith?
- Unpacking and discussion of the questions that new members are asked when joining a United Methodist congregation.
- Remembrance of your baptism, or get baptized during our time together.
- Celebration of Holy Communion.
Contact: Beth Palmer, staff (614.876.2403, email@example.com).
Discover Hilliard UMC
Looking for an informal gathering for conversation and connection, to meet our pastors and some other newer folks and learn about the DNA of HUMC, before considering membership? Click/tap HERE for details.