Click or tap the image to give electronically through our website.
Special Easter 2022 Offering
This spring we had the pleasure of hosting friends from Pakistan who shared with us about the tremendous Christian school ministry they host for 270 students in a rural area. Most of the students are girls, creating a new possibility for their futures… but also building bridges of Christ’s love between Christian and Muslim students.
We are thrilled to help support this school and their dreams to expand the educational opportunities through the final two grades of high school as well as add transportation services so even more girls can arrive to and from school safely. Join us by making a contribution through HUMC to support this school in Pakistan.
Get the Giving App: Vanco Mobile
- Once downloaded, simply open the app and search for Hilliard UMC.
- If you used the previous GivePlus+ app, your login credentials stay the same in Vanco Mobile. No need for a new user ID or password.
- If you have recurring gifts set up, they will continue to be made as scheduled.
Lots of Ways to Donate
- Give online through our website: Click or tap the “Give Online” image at the top of this page.
- Give through your phone: download the free Vanco Mobile app on your smart phone (available for both Android & iPhone), and choose Hilliard UMC. See details above.
- Bring cash or check offerings to in-person worship any Sunday.
- Mail your contributions to the church: 5445 Scioto Darby Rd, Hilliard OH 43026.
- Give through your bank or financial institution’s online bill pay system.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) allows consistent amounts to be drawn directly from your bank account on a regular basis. This option allows you to give as a regular priority, and it also reduces the processing expense for the church. To get started with EFT, contact our Finance Administrator (email@example.com, 614.876.2403).
If you’d like to see a financial report, contact our Finance Administrator.
Christmas Offering 2021
Each year during the Christmas season, we take a special offering to support God’s work of ministry here and beyond. In 2020, your offerings made it possible for us to add the necessary technology upgrades with cameras and a new soundboard so we could expand our ministry to include high-quality livestreaming. We also gave over $3,000 to the Hilliard Bridges organization, helping families with emergency resources in a time of great need.
Your 2021 Christmas offering supported three important places. Thank you for your generosity!
- Pastor’s Emergency Fund: Each year, the generous contributions from this fund provide critical emergency aid to people within our congregation in times of great need. This year we have shared nearly $20,000 to help our Hilliard UMC friends move into more stable housing, keep their phone or electric on, and avoid eviction. In the words of one of the families we have been able to help, ”We received assistance for a variety of necessary bills during at ime that assistance often seemed out of reach…. The Pastor’s Emergency Fund quite literally saved our lives.” A third of our offering this Christmas will replenish this fund so we can continue this generosity!
- Ministry by/with/for those with disabilities: Two years ago, we were able to host Rev. Zach Holler and support his ministry as he began to build critical outreach to the disabled in the southeast rural parts of Ohio. Zach has now become an established presence at Grace UMC in Waverly, Ohio, and is leading a team of diverse leaders to expand their ministry in the community. He is also co-leading the Ohio Disability and Ministry Collaborative for our Annual Conference. His goal this year is to visit and connect a wider number of churches across Ohio to a pilot grant program to help make their spaces more accessible. A third of our offering this Christmas will support the growing interpreter costs that Zach will need as he builds this ministry.
- Apportionments: As United Methodists, we are part of a larger connectional, global body that serves in ministry all over the world. Each year, our local church pays what is called “apportionments,” funds that help support Methodist programming, mission, and administrative structures both here in Ohio and around the globe. This includes funding for disaster relief, missionaries, new church starts, and even the staffing of our local West Ohio Conference office. The final third of your gifts this Christmas will help us pay our apportionments for the 2021 year, so ministry continues far beyond Hilliard.
In 2021, our Thanksgiving Outreach served 325 families
with 10,000lbs of produce, 308 pumpkin pies, and $9,000 in gift cards,
thanks to your generous donations of food and money!
We made real connections with people and heard prayer concerns, too!
350 Students Every Week
Every Friday during the school year, our Feeding Hilliard Students ministry,
in partnership with Hilliard Kiwanis, sends food home with 350 students who experience food insecurity, thanks to your generous donations!
2020 General Giving totaled $634,819.
279 people, 71 groups
In 2021, 279 different adults participated in 71 groups to connect with God and each other, develop friendships with other people of faith, learn, and pray together.
We have introduced at least 154 people to the Enneagram,
a powerful tool for self-discovery and transformation.
Our pastors have baptized 11 people so far in 2021,
4 of whom were adults professing their faith for the first time!
1,070 Weekly Attendees
11 Food & Sweets Trucks
1,000+ lbs of Donated Produce
In 2021, an average of 1,070 people came to the Hilliard Farm Market each week,
which we host in our parking lot May through September,
thanks in part to your generous contributions and support!
We host 40 vendors each week
and work with 11 different food and sweets trucks!
The community donated 525 books through the Farm Market
to Books in Little Hands and packed 175 backpacks with Hilliard Kiwanis
to give to Hilliard City Schools students!
Your giving is a spiritual act of worship, and it makes possible the ministry of changing lives and transforming communities. Thank you for helping us change the world with the love of God, who loves us no matter what!
Because of your generosity, Hilliard UMC is impacting families and communities in profound ways, in collaboration with many local organizations.
Estimate of Giving Form
To help us plan and budget for the coming year, we invite you to fill out this confidential Estimate of Giving form (annual Pledge Card). You can change your pledge at any time by contacting our Finance Administrator. (If you want to make a gift online, click/tap the “Give Online” image at the top of this page.)
Explanation of Funds
- Operating Fund: the primary general fund. This is where your annual pledges go, plus any cash gifts placed in the Sunday morning offering plates.
- Apportionments: our annual contributions to the work of the larger United Methodist Church (local, national, global).
- Capital Fund: special fund drive for buildings and grounds maintenance projects that are above-and-beyond the general operating fund.
- Community Emergency Assistance (Bridges of Hilliard): a special pandemic support fund for those struggling with rent, bills, etc.
- Pastor’s Discretionary Fund: helps with rent, bills, food, and other practical assistance.
- UMCOR Disaster Relief: United Methodist Committee on Relief, which helps with boots-on-the-ground work after natural disasters. 100% of gifts to UMCOR go straight to relief work.
- Memorial Fund: an estate planning designation for giving in memory of a loved one.
- Endowment Fund: contributions to this fund are invested to support HUMC long-term, and grants are offered some years from the investments earnings, to support ministry that’s beyond the regular operating budget.
If you’d like to see a financial report, contact our Finance Administrator.
A Lasting Gift
The Permanent Endowment Fund was established in 2002 to give members and friends of Hilliard UMC the opportunity to make a lasting gift to support ministries beyond the regular operating budget. These gifts have the power to support Hilliard UMC into the future as the investments grow, continuing God’s work beyond us, beyond today. Learn more HERE about different ways to give, where you can designate your gifts, the investment policy, and grants awarded from investment earnings.