Looking for a way to serve within the church? Try out one of these options!
Safe Sanctuaries certification is required for all those volunteering with children, youth, or vulnerable adults. Details here.
You can be the smile someone needs on a Sunday morning!
The Hospitality Teams welcome people to worship, answer questions, help folks find what they need and show people where to go (like the nursery or the Godly Play room for kids), assist with seating and special needs, take attendance, and put the financial offerings away. It’s a great way to meet people and connect more deeply at HUMC!
Serve once a month or sub in as available
You can make a regular monthly commitment and serve the same Sunday at the same service each month, OR you can sign up for the sub list if you don’t want to make a monthly commitment – we’ll reach out when we need subs, and you can reply if you’re available that Sunday.
Pray for Others
We’d love to add you to our email list for twice-weekly prayer concerns, so you can use your gift of prayer to pray for others.
Our staff nursery workers care for children during Sunday worship.
Each staff worker is trained in our Safe Sanctuaries policy and has passed a background check, and several are trained in infant/child CPR.
If you’re interested in working in the nursery, please contact Lindsay Robinson or use this form:
Worship & Music Ministry
- The Multimedia Team runs the slide show and occasional video clips during worship and special events.
- The Camera Team records and broadcasts the service for our online community.
- The Sound Team, with training, runs the sound board for worship and special events.
- The Livestream Team hosts online worship: welcoming & connecting with viewers in the Facebook Live chat feed, posting links to the website, capturing prayer requests, and tracking online attendance.
- The Communion Team helps prepare, serve, and clean up after Holy Communion.
- Chancel Choir: For adults and high school youth (grades 9-12). Rehearses Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30pm (school year), in the Sanctuary. Sings during 9am worship; occasionally presents special music services. Music Director: Jody Hepp.
- Handbell Ringers: Plays handbells in worship. Contacts: Laura Kitchel, Cathy Hahn, & Ginny Fisher.
- The Warehouse 839 Worship Team helps with setup and preparing the space for worship and sacraments.
- Receptionists answer the phone, receive visitors, and help out with various office tasks during office hours.
- The Mailing Team processes congregational mailings.
Committees & Ministry Teams
- The Finance Team oversees the church budget, giving, and expenditures.
- The Trustees (Building Committee) is responsible for managing and maintaining our facilities & grounds.
- The Staff/Pastor Parish Relations Committee (SPPRC) is our personnel team, handling the hiring of new staff, staff evaluations and performance reviews, and supporting staff.
- The Church Council is sets and guides the vision and mission of Hilliard UMC.