Looking for a way to serve within the church? Try out one of these options!
Safe Sanctuaries certification is required for all those volunteering with children, youth, or vulnerable adults. Details here.
You can be the smile someone needs on a Sunday morning!
The Hospitality Teams welcome people to worship, answer questions, help you find what you need or where you need to go (like the nursery or the Godly Play room for kids), assist with seating and special needs, and staffs the information/connection tables. Click or tap the image to sign up to serve once a month at one service — it’s a great way to meet people and connect more deeply at HUMC!
Pray for Others
We’d love to add you to our email list for twice-weekly prayer concerns, so you can use your gift of prayer to pray for others.
Send cards of encouragement and prayer support to the congregation. Contacts: Van DePoy and Jennifer Moore.
Worship & Music Ministry
- The Multimedia Team runs the slide show and occasional video clips during worship and special events.
- The Camera Team records and broadcasts the service for our online community.
- The Sound Team, with training, runs the sound board for worship and special events.
- The Livestream Team hosts online worship: welcoming & connecting with viewers in the Facebook Live chat feed, posting links to the website, capturing prayer requests, and tracking online attendance.
- The Communion Team helps prepare, serve, and clean up after Holy Communion.
- Chancel Choir: For adults and high school youth (grades 9-12). Rehearses Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30pm (school year), in the Sanctuary. Sings during 9am worship; occasionally presents a special cantata and/or participates in a special choral event. Music Director: Jody Hepp.
- Band: Provides music and song leadership for 11am contemporary worship. Music Director: Jody Hepp.
- Receptionists answer the phone, receive visitors, and help out with various office tasks during office hours.
- The Mailing Team processes congregational mailings.
Committees & Ministry Teams
- The Finance Team oversees the church budget, giving, and expenditures.
- The Trustees (Building Committee) is responsible for managing and maintaining our facilities & grounds.
- The Staff/Pastor Parish Relations Committee (SPPRC) is our personnel team, handling the hiring of new staff, staff evaluations and performance reviews, and supporting staff.
- The Church Council is sets and guides the vision and mission of Hilliard UMC.