Can We Talk?
Questions about Faith
6 Monday evenings on Zoom
January 9 – February 13
Facilitator: Stephanie Harrell
Let’s talk BS. Belief stuff. (What did you think I meant?!) Using Larry Osborne’s book 10 Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe — the title of the book and the topics addressed intentionally poke us, making us think about what we believe. The author refers to these beliefs as “spiritual urban legends.” In my own journey, I find myself questioning some of the same beliefs.
We think you’ll want a copy of the book (for the author’s full arguments and to explore other chapters we won’t engage), but it’s not required; you can still participate fully without reading.
- January 9: Chapter 1, Faith Can Fix Anything
- January 16 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day): Chapter 4, God Has a Blueprint for My Life
- January 23: Chapter 6, Everything Happens for a Reason
- January 30: Chapter 5, Christians Shouldn’t Judge
- February 6: Chapter 9, A Valley Means a Wrong Turn
- February 13: Chapter 10, Dead People Go to a Better Place
Sign up and we’ll send you the Zoom link.