Whether you were able to attend the State of the Church Town Hall Meeting or not, we are SO grateful that you are interested in taking some action steps on these issues. Your participation means more than you know, and your engagement will help us create our future as a church. Thank you!
Action Step Ideas
We invite you to prayerfully consider what God is inviting you to do in the days to come. Choose the step or steps that are right for you in this season.
Here’s a PDF of this information, if that works better for you:
- TAKE the Congregational Survey. You can also pick up a paper copy at church.
- ATTEND a Focus Group on one of the topics that most interests you and/or where you feel you can offer thoughts, feedback, or ideas.
- FOCUS GROUP 1 – Topic: Warehouse 839 – Wednesday, November 16, 6:30pm in the Sanctuary building. Facilitated by Council Secretary Lynn Weatherby and Lay Leader Jon Esala
- FOCUS GROUP 2 – Topic: Financial Status – Tuesday, November 22, 6:30pm on Zoom, Facilitated by Finance Chair, Will Thorsberg, Meeting ID – 883 5231 5873
- FOCUS GROUP 3 – Topic: Warehouse 839. Monday, November 28, 6:30pm on Zoom. Facilitated by Church Council Member Rich Boettner. (Go to Zoom, click on JOIN [upper right corner menu item], and enter the Meeting ID: 889 3247 7172.)
- FOCUS GROUP 4 – Topic: Financial Status. Thursday, December 1, 6:30pm in the sanctuary building, parlor. Facilitated by Finance Chair Will Thorsberg.
- JOIN a team that helps our church to grow! Areas of greatest need: musicians for Warehouse 839 worship, sound board, media (cameras and slides), Children’s Ministry, hospitality, and office receptionists. You will have a place to indicate your interest in these areas and more on the Congregational Survey (#1 above).
- INVITE a friend to church or to one of the many areas of ministry happening at HUMC. Personal invitation is the best way to help people know, experience, and embody the love of God, grow our church, and get the word out about the awesome things God is up to at HUMC.
- MAKE a financial commitment to the church or increase your current commitment. You can fill out an online Estimate of Giving form to make a recurring gift, or you can click or tap here to make a one-time gift to the Operating Fund or a ministry area of your choice.